Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac is a free security tool that allows you to scan your computer for common macOS infections and remove them. While focusing on adware infections, Malwarebytes for Mac will also scan for other known infections that are being released for the macOS operaitng system.
What Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware doesn’t offer real-time protection, but you can scan your machine whenever you like. There are two scan settings with the free version – Full and Quick. If it detects an infection, it will alert you and you can decide what action needs to be taken – or let it make the decision itself. There’s also an Ignore list feature, so the program will know which files, if any, to skip over. The program also blocks known risky websites.
- – Up to 25% faster Quick scans for 64-bit operating systems
- – Chameleon usability enhancements
- – Enhanced reliability of program updates with additional security checks
- – Password command line enhancements (paid version only)
- – Scheduled scan logs now include accurate protection status
- – Context menu ‘Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware’ now displays in selected language
- Mac OS X